Friday, August 29, 2014

What if today's the day?

What do you do to motivate yourself to live when it would be easier not to? You know, to get out of bed in the morning. To make the bed. To take a shower, comb your hair, get dressed. Function! We all have those days we just don't want to, but we do it anyway. On those especially difficult days, what is your tangible, earthly motivation? 

Mine is "what if today's the day?". It doesn't matter for what. It just matters that it motivates me to do those things I'd rather not because I'm just too sad or tired or depressed or lazy or - whatever. God uses that phrase to motivate me to function. I used it this morning. I got up. I had my time with The Lord. I made the bed. I put on clothes. I had my breakfast protein shake. I cleaned the cat pan. I took out the trash. I put my breakfast dishes in the dishwasher. Because what if today's the day?

If you are struggling with life - and we all do, at least from time-to-time - ask God to provide you with a tangible thing, something that He and you know will keep you going when it's easier not to. And if you feel so inclined, share it with me - and others who may be struggling - in the comments.

Have a motivated day!


            "I can do all this through Him Who gives me strength."
                                                                                      ~~ Philippians 4:3 NLT ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.