Wednesday, February 15, 2023

How do I love thee...


I wish I had the ability
to create poetry that would
through generations of lovers
be used to express
"the depth and breadth and height"
of romantic love for another.
~~ How Do I Love Thee (Sonnet 43), Elizabeth Barrett Browning ~~
 
I wish I possessed the genius
to pen and compose a great song
to sing how "I'm born again"
with his amazing love
~~ With You I'm Born Again, Carol Connors, David Shire
Recorded by Billy Preston & Syreeta Wright ~~

I wish that my words
of love, passion, admiration and respect
for my most beloved
could inspire God Himself
to use them as instruction and example
of true, deep, romantic love
for all of time to come.
~~ Song of Songs (Solomon), The Bible ~~
 
But then, there are no words after all
that would adequately convey
the wonder that is my Lanny Love
and how deeply we are one together.
 
But I wish there were...
 
I have found the one my soul loves
                                        ~~ Song of Songs 3:4 ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.