Wednesday, April 27, 2022

I am broken...

It's true.
I am broken.
So are you.
We are all broken.
 
I know most of my brokenness,
though there are those things others see that I don't.
You know most of your brokenness,
though there are those things others see that you don't.
God sees them all.
And He loves us anyway!!!
I love that!
But that isn't the subject of this blog.
 
Have you ever thought about what it would be like
not to be broken?
What would you be like?
My Lanny Love and I were talking about that the other day. 
That day is coming for Christ followers!
 
Think of it!
 
All those sensitive, easily hurt feelings -
GONE!
All those things we do or say that hurt others -
GONE!
Regrets -
GONE!
Guilt -
GONE!
The PTSD from abuse, grief, war -
GONE!
The selfishness, greed, covetousness, envy, resentment -
GONE!
The mouth that engages ahead of the brain -
GONE!
The quick, volatile, hard to control temper - 
GONE!
Mental illness, depression, anxiety -
GONE!
All the brokenness -
GONE!
 
We will still be us!
Our personalities won't change,
they will simply be fixed!
Those things that sin broke,
completely restored!
 
I think I see a glimpse of this miracle as I age.
As my body (which will also be perfected)
becomes more broken with time,
my spirit becomes less so with God,
as He refines me through His Spirit,
as I seek to more closely reflect Christ.
But still, there are those broken bits, those things
that only eternal perfection can fix!
 
Imagine what the earth was like before sin!
Perfection! 
No death, no aging, no husband and wife spats.
Mosquitos didn't bite!
Wind did not destroy!
The earth did not shake!
Think of that with our brokenness!
 
 How amazing is heaven!!! 
 
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing 
with the glory that will be revealed in us.
~~ Romans 8:18 ~~  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.