Friday, September 3, 2021

September 3

Today is a hard day in our home.
Each year it is hard.
Each year it is different,
the emotions and character surrounding the day flux
but the constant is that it is 
 
Today it is eight years.
Eight long years.
Eight incredibly short years.
Eight years.

I am his best friend.
His lover.
His partner in life.
But I am not his first.
And today, I am not the one for whom he longs.

I totally get it!!!
 
Today, he remembers.
Today, he smiles...
...and cries.
Today, I can be supportive,
but I cannot fix it.
No matter how much I want to.
 
Today is hard.
 
Now God's presence is with [him],
and He will live with [him],
and [he] will be [His child].
 [And there will come a day...]
He will wipe away every tear from [his] eyes,
and there will be no more death, sadness, crying, or pain,
because the old ways are gone. 
 
~~ Revelation 21:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.