Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Going Steady - July 3, 1971

Good Morning, Lord ~

I am sitting out on our front port
in the dim coolness that is early morning
thinking about You.
About Al.
About Lanny.
About my life.

Can it really be 48 years
since we started "going steady"?!?!
Is it okay that my heart hurts a little today,
that there is a yearning,
an emptiness within me?

You give such good gifts, Lord!
I listen and see the world you created wakening around me ~
the birds chirping,
the sky lightening,
the smell of our lily blooming.
I see the neighborhood begin to stir.
And I am reminded that life goes on.
And it is a  good life You have gifted me!
Forty-eight years ago, Al.
Four and a half years ago, Lanny.
And I am profoundly grateful!

But for a little while,
is it okay if my heart is heavy
and I grieve just a bit?



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.