Sunday, September 3, 2023

September 3


Ten years.
An entire decade.
So long...
    So fast...
 
I didn't know Judy.
Non-the-less, I grieve on this day
for I know and love the one 
who knows and loves her.
 
That is one of the things about
marrying a widowed individual;
you inherit grief days.
 
Ten is harder somehow.
I've talked about this before.
My Lanny Love has had a hard week.
Today has been a teary day.
 
Today he lunched with his daughter.
They both wanted to include me
but I declined.
This is an intimate day.
One where memories are shared
along with tears of laughter and sadness.
It is a time for those who know and love her
to remember without hesitation or explanation.
It is a time to finish each other's stories;
a time to begin the laughter 
as soon as the first word is spoken.
 
It is not that I haven't heard the stories.
My Lanny Love and I share extensively
about his Judy and my Al.
They likely didn't talk about events I haven't heard about
and if they did, I would enjoy hearing those stories too.
But my tears are for them,
their tears are for her.
It is different.
Today is for them.
This day of intimacy needed time together
just for those who know her, love her, miss her.
 
This evening, in the quiet of the day,
my Lanny Love and I will very likely share
a time of reflection.
He will very likely cry for his lost love.
I will cry for him.
 
Ten years.
An entire decade.
So long...
    So fast... 
 
 
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
 
                                            ~~ Bill Gaither ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.