Friday, August 20, 2021

Everyday miracles happen every day

 

Don't you love little miracles?

Okay, miracles

for no miracle is little.

 

I experienced a “miracle” recently.

It was personal and in the grand scheme of things

pretty insignificant.

Except to me.

And isn't that always the way?

 

I mean, let's be honest here,

the lame man walking mattered mostly to him.

The blind man seeing mattered mostly to him.

I realize that all miracles ripple and touch others,

but they really and truly matter only to those directly affected.

Except Jesus’ resurrection,

that matters to everyone!

 

Recently, I experienced a “miracle.”

Now, some will roll their eyes and say

“That wasn’t a miracle, it was a mistake.”

But I know my God!

And more to the point,

 

my God knows me!

 

So when I mistook Isaiah for Psalms one morning,

and the chapter in Isaiah was exactly what I needed,

and I had read and marked several sections,

marveling at the appropriate timing of my daily Psalm reading schedule,

before realizing I had turned to Isaiah not Psalms,

well, I knew my God was at work in my life.

Again!

 

Everyday miracles happen every day!!!

We just have to notice them!

 

Thank You, Daddy God!

 

Isaiah 51 NCV

 

…The LORD says, “I am the one who comforts you.

So why should you be afraid of people, who die?

Why should you fear people who die like the grass”

Have you forgotten the LORD who made you,

who stretched out the skies and made the earth?

Why are you always afraid

of those angry people who trouble you

and who want to destroy?...

…I am the LORD your God,

who stirs the sea and makes the waves roar.

My name is the LORD All-Powerful.

I will give you the words I want you to say.

I will cover you with my hands and protect you.

 

Verses 12-13,15-16

(Emphasis added)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.