Sunday, June 21, 2020

I wish I were married to someone else...

...ANYone else!

Does that sound strange?
It feels strange.

Today is Father's Day.
Today I am the wrong woman.
Today he is the wrong man.
That is the way all the Father's Days
and Mother's Days are now.
But this one is different.
It's the first one I have wished
to be married to ANYone else.
And as I thought about it,
it gave me great pleasure.

You see, today, while I miss my Al,
while I acutely feel his absence,
while I miss honoring and celebrating
the amazing father he was to our girls,
while my heart surges with love and longing for him,
today, for the first time,
I wished not just for him to be here,
but for me to have never known Lanny.
It is not just that I want Al today,
I want Lanny to have Judy!
And that would mean that
even if I were still a remarried widow,
I would not be married to him.
Because he would not be sad, he would have her.

And I love him that much!

Lost love quotes and sayings for her

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.