Saturday, June 14, 2014

What do you mean I'm too emotional???

Emotions are a funny thing. And I mean funny "ha-ha" AND funny "strange"! Sometimes I just click my tongue and shake my head at myself! Sometimes I role my eyes in disbelief. Sometimes I point my finger at me and just LOLOLOL. Sometimes I run for cover at my emotional outbursts! Sometimes I go "awwwwwwww". Sometimes I look at me in disgust. Yep, I am an emotionally driven individual. And it can be difficult.

I sometimes look with jealousy (oops, is that an emotion?) at my logic-driven friends who make choices based on research and wisdom. Whether or not it "feels" right never enters the picture. Logical choices are rarely "off" because facts rarely change whereas what "feels" right today may not feel so good tomorrow. So, sometimes I'm jealous.

But mostly, I like my personality, including the fact that I am emotionally driven. I like that I feel strongly, love deeply, commit wholly regardless of how you make me feel. Sometimes that means I get hurt. Really, really badly! Sometimes it means I make poor choices. But mostly it means that I have wonderful, fulfilling relationships, that I have a lot of fun, that I get to laugh with others at myself. And that's such a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.